SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
XacBank continually provides services for the social and economic development of Mongolia. It is a unique bank honoring Planet, People and Profit and the leading bank in exercising corporate social responsibility not only domestically but also globally.
Exercising its high sense of corporate social responsibility, XacBank has sponsored and organized the activities listed below every year focused on promotion of Mongolian cultural heritage, improving education of children and youth, protection and rehabilitation of nature and environment, and development of arts and sports.
- XacTugul Campaign for tree planting
- Eco-project “Smoke Free Stoves and Ger Insulation”
- “Organic Mongolia” program
- “Aflatoun” and “Aspire” financial education programs
- “Boom 2020” children’s soccer match
- Khasyn Khuleguud basketball team
- Khasyn Khuleguud soccer team
- “XacCup” golf tournament
- In 2017, XacBank organized lectures for 1,100 high school students during Global Money Week and held an “Every Child is an Artist” arts and crafts competition under the “My horse of happiness” theme during Children’s Day, for children aged 3 to 14.
- 1 out of every 5 children in Mongolia has a XacBank Future Millionaire Savings account. The product has received the Child and Youth Friendly Banking Award from Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI) in recognition of its ability to provide financial security and education to children.
- Educational content of the Temuulel program has been included in 2017- 2018 High School curricula and 10th and 11th grade students are participating in Business Study lessons to build financial know-how.
- XacBank has successfully organized a Peter Morrow Student Scholarship program for the second time to grant scholarships to high-achieving students.
ARTS AND CULTURE
- XacBank has been supporting the Organization for the Study of Diaspora Mongols since 2009 and has provided partnership and sponsorship to create the “Works of art and culture of Ilkhanid.”
SPOT AND HEALTHY SECTORS
- XacBank finalized and handed over refurbishment work to provide world-class technology and equipment in a fully-outfitted first section of the Bone Joint and Integrated Surgical Room at the National Center of Trauma and Injury.
- In 2017 the Bank successfully organized the 12th "Duulian 2020."
- The "Xaciin Huleguud" basketball team, established and supported for 13 years by XacBank, became champions of Mongolia's top basketball league for the 5th time in 2017.
- Cyclists of the Xac cycling team participated top international competitions and their success has echoed throughout in Asia.
- To support woman-owned business in Mongolia, XacBank received USD 169 million of financing from IFC and OPIC.
- XacBank has received USD 40 million in syndicated loan financing to support small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Within the Asian Development Bank's “Supporting the Credit Guarantee System for Economic Diversification and Employment Project”, XacBank helps SMEs that wish to increase working capital or purchase fixed assets but lack the necessary collateral to obtain bank loans.
- Provided financial education training for 38,000 children.
- XacBank staff planted trees and improved the children’s dormitory yard of School No.29 for children with hearing impairment.
- XacBank works in cooperation with the Labor and Training Center for people with visual disabilities.
- As of 2015, XacBank disbursed MNT 20.5 million loans based on social and environmental assessment and sold over 173,852 eco products, reducing carbon emission of a household by 30-46%.
- Under the “Xac Meadow” initiative XacBank staffs created 3 new groves planting more than 1990 trees
SPOT and HEALTHY SECTORS
- Sponsored Basketball team, Hockey team and the “Boom 2020” football tournament for 10 consecutive years.
- Олон Улсын Санхүүгийн Корпорацийн “Бизнес эрхлэгч Эмэгтэйчүүд” хөтөлбөрийн 2 дахь түнш банк боллоо.
- Азийн Хөгжлийн Банкнаас жижиг, дунд бизнес эрхлэгчдийг дэмжиж, тэдэнд зээл олгох зорилгоор ХасБанкинд 5 жилийн хугацаатай 30 сая ам.долларын санхүүжилт олголоо.
- OPEC-ийн Олон Улсын Хөгжлийн сангаас 20 сая ам.долларын санхүүжилт авлаа.
- “Coal Mongolia” нүүрсний салбарт хөрөнгө оруулагчдын олон улсын чуулга уулзалтын Алтан ивээн тэтгэгчээр ажиллалаа.
- Програм хангамжийн хөгжүүлэлт, үйлдвэрлэлийн хандлагыг дэлхийд тодорхойлогч Майкрософт болон ХасБанк, Ай Ти Зон компаниуд мэдээллийн технологийн дэд бүтцийг бий болгох “Open Value Licensing Program” хамтын ажиллагааны санамж бичигт гарын үсэг зурлаа.
- Financial education training was provided for 32 000 children.
- Xachuu Day was organized nationwide.
- Coopretated with Labor and Training Center for People with visual Disabilities.
SPOrT and HEALTHY SECTORS
- Supported the Wheel Barrow Dress fashion show.
ARTS AND CULTURE
- Supported the joint-venture play of the best American Dance Stars from New York City Ballet Ltd. With Mongolian actors organized by the Mongolian Art Council.
- Concessional project loans are disbursed in order to support environmentally and socially friendly businesses.
- Supported fashion designer Katya Zol, the face of online banking, in her participation among 20 countries at the “Fashion Me” international exhibition in Dubai, UAE.
- Sponsored My Mongolia expedition - 2013.
- The Bank has co