Aflatoun financial and social education program
Aflatoun provides children with the building blocks of life, encouraging them to save their resources and start social and financial microenterprises. Through Social & Financial Education, children are empowered to make a positive change in their lives and in their communities and may eventually break the cycle of poverty.
The Aflatoun teaching methodology encourages “learning by doing”. The curriculum provides structured lessons that use on games, art and theatre ensuring that learning is joyful as well as effective. The Aflatoun curriculum is based on five core elements.
- Personal understanding and exploration;
- Understanding and exploring rights and responsibilities;
- The concept of saving and spending;
- Learn how to plan and budget, skills that make them aware that they have choices and control over how they can use their resources;
- Children demonstrate and practice their learning through social and financial micro-enterprises where they collaborate as a team and discover how they can make the local community a safer, healthier and fairer environment.
It is satisfied with school management, teachers and parents prefer to give financial education knowledge because of there isn’t any lesson including a content of Financial Education in national curriculum of Mongolia.